Release Notes 1.1 (August 13, 2015)
- Addition of two new Storage Profiles FTP and SFTP servers to store attachments. Version 1.1 will support total five Storage Profiles Amazon S3, Azure Blob, Local, FTP and SFTP.
- Organize attachments in different folders on Salesforce and virtually on the corresponding Storage Profile using the new feature “Folder Structure”.
- Search any attachments uploaded through Attachments.expert on any object using the new search feature “Global Search”.
- Large Files up-to 4GB can be uploaded from Chrome in any of the Storage Profile. (Testing is done on Chrome for all the storage profiles.)
- To configure Attachments.expert a new option is added called as “Application Setup” in Attachments.expert Settings Page, through which all the Salesforce configuration will be done automatically.
- Importer Tool is developed to import attachments from local machine to Attachments.expert.
Migrator Tool is developed to migrate attachments from Salesforce instance to Attachments.expert
- Attachments.expert Support for Partner and Customer Portal.
- “Folder Structure: Enable/Disable” option provided in Attachments.expert Settings Page to enable or disable folder structure for the corresponding Salesforce instance.
Support for four browsers Chrome, Mozilla, Safari and Internet Explorer 11 and above.(IE 11 was not supported in the previous build i.e. 1.0)
- “Parent Record” field is added in Global Search, through which the Parent record of the attachment can be searched directly.
- Tooltip is added for all the fields in Attachments.expert Setting Page.
- Manual Cors Settings is enabled for Azure Server.
- Proper validation is provided to the "Create New Storage Profile" window.
- Attachments.expert Settings page Help text is revised with addition of all the new changes
- Importer Tool testing is done for uploading of 2GB files for the Storage Profiles Amazon S3, Azure Blob, Local Disk and FTP. For SFTP it will work for up-to 1GB of files.
- The Delete action on the attachments can be implemented based on the Salesforce Profile (Restrict particular users from deleting the attachments).
Release Notes 1.0 (June 5, 2015)
- Attachments of any size can be uploaded through Attachments.expert (No built in size limit by Attachments.expert, limits due to storage server, user computer resources like CPU, memory, bandwidth do apply).
Users can upload attachments using drag and drop feature.
Upload multiple attachments with ease.
Upload large files with ease, with pause and resume features.
- File integrity check on uploading the files (If "Check File Integrity?" flag is on the integrity of file and file parts is checked while uploading the files. Though this ensures integrity of uploaded file, it has huge performance cost of calculating checksum on the browser, so if you are having performance issues while uploading large files this should be turned off.)
- Multiple Storage Servers can be used to store attachments, Support for Amazon, Azure and Local server (SFTP/FTP server would be supported in
Add your own custom fields on Attachment records.
Configure and display custom fields for Attachments.
- File versioning.
Salesforce users can run Salesforce reports on Attachments
Chatter can be used on Attachment records
Attachments can be tagged and searched.